Whether you’re raising children, or you’re just a kid at heart, there are lots of outdoor opportunities for play and relaxation in Homestead Borough.
Plan a day to explore our outdoor spaces and see all Homestead Borough has to offer.
Park Operating Hours
Park operating hours are between September 1st and March 31st, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays; between April 1st and August 31st from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Sunday through Saturday.
Playgrounds and Basketball Courts
The playgrounds of Homestead are a place for children to play, parents to socialize, and neighbors to relax.
- Sullivan Playground, Ninth Avenue and Amity Streets (Map it)
- Charlie Batch Playground, Sixteenth Avenue and Maple Street (Map it)
- McLean Playground, Sarah Street and West 12th Avenue (Map it)
- PROPEL Playground, 100 Block of East 10th Avenue (Map it)
- Frick Park, Tenth Avenue and Amity Street (Map it)
Hiking and Biking
Access to the Steel Valley Trail, a portion of the Great Allegheny Passage Bike Trail is found next to Eat n’ Park along Waterfront Drive. The trail takes bikers and hikers over scenic green space overlooking the Monongahela Valley that was once dominated by the most famous steel mills in America.
- Homestead Community Garden, East Seventh Avenue and Amity Street (Map it)
Children and adults can learn about healthy, sustainable gardening practices while enjoying the outdoors and lending a hand in the community.
During the Summer there is a weekly organic food stand and a portion of the yield from the garden will be donated to The Rainbow Kitchen Community Services in Homestead to distribute to qualifying needy families.
Volunteer and group collaboration opportunities are available. See the Garden’s Facebook Page for more information.