Homestead Borough operates under the Pennsylvania Borough Code with a Council-Manager form of government. Borough Council is comprised of seven independently elected residents.
Each member of Council is elected for a four year term. The offices of Mayor and Tax Collector are also elected to four year terms. Council appoints a Borough Manager / Chief of Administration to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Borough.
In this section of our website you will find information on Borough administration, Council meetings, downloadable documents and applications, as well as information on public safety and services.
Important Days At-a-Glance
- The Planning/Zoning Commission meets the Fourth Wednesday of every month at 6:00pm
- Garbage Collection is done by Swissvale Borough on Monday and Tuesday. See the Refuse & Recycling Page for further information.
- Street Sweeping is the (3rd and 4th) Thursdays of every month (Beginning in April and Ending in October).
Homestead Borough Office
221 East 7th Avenue
Homestead, PA 15120
- Borough Office Main Line: 412-461-1340
- Borough Manager: x101
- Tax Collector: x102
- Parking Department: x103
- Code Enforcement: x106
- Building Inspection: x104
- Police Department (non-emergency): x120
- Mayor’s Office: x140
- For emergencies, dial 911
As part of the Steel Valley, Homestead Borough participates in the Steel Valley Council of Governments (COG). This voluntary association provides cooperative planning, coordination and technical assistance on matters of mutual concern to eight communities in the Mon Valley.
See the SVCOG website for further details.