The Homestead Borough Code Enforcement Office is responsible for handling all property matters both commercial and residential, including:
- Code and ordinance inspections
- Issues related to properties and maintenance
Homestead Borough codes govern the conditions and maintenance of property and buildings in the Borough, as well as all new construction, additions, and renovations.
If you require specific permits for building and construction, applications can be found online by visiting our Forms & Applications page.
Please allow proper processing time for all permits before scheduling any work.
Current Code Enforcement Officer:
Email for code department: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Sanitation – All exterior property and premises shall be maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary condition.
2. Weeds – All premises and exterior property shall be maintained free from weeds or plant growth in the excess of twelve (12) inches.
3. Accumulation of Rubbish and Garbage – All exterior property and premises, and the interior of the structure shall be free from the accumulation of rubbish and garbage.
4. Disposal of Rubbish – Every occupant of a structure shall dispose of all rubbish in a clean and sanitary manner by placing such rubbish in approved containers with lids.
5. Rubbish Storage Facilities – The owner of every occupied premise shall supply approved covered containers for rubbish and the owner of the premise shall be responsible for the removal of rubbish.
6. Accessory Structures – All accessory structures, including detached garages, fences, walls and porches, shall be maintained structurally sound and in good repair.
7. Roofs and Drainage – The roof and flashing shall be sound and tight and not have defects that omit rain. Roof drainage shall be adequate to prevent dampness or deterioration in the walls or interior portion of the structure.
8. Sidewalks and Driveways – All sidewalks, walkways, stairs, driveways, parking places and similar areas shall be kept in a proper state of repair and be maintained free from hazardous conditions.
9. Motor Vehicles – No inoperative or unlicensed motor vehicle shall be parked, kept or stored on any premise, and no vehicle shall at any time be in the state of major disassembly, disrepair, or in the process of being stripped or dismantled. Painting of vehicles is prohibited unless conducted inside an approved spray booth.
10. Occupancy Permits – Tenants and Landlords are to register with the Borough. Borough Code Enforcement Officer is to be notified of transfer of title for real estate, inspection, and certificate of occupancy. Any change of owner or tenant requires a new occupancy permit to be issued.
11. Garbage – Please do not store any garbage, rubbish and/or other materials at curbside until the night before, no earlier than 6:00 p.m. on your scheduled pick-up day. Also please remove empty cans by the end of the pick-up day.
12. Quality of Rental Housing – It is the duty of every owner to keep and maintain all rental units and regulate the conduct and activities of the occupants of the rental units.
For More Information
Please contact the Homestead Borough Office:
221 East 7th Avenue
Homestead, PA 15120
Borough Office Main Line: 412-461-1340
Code Enforcement Department: x106