Homestead Borough is a dynamic town on the move. It is our people who make Homestead a special place to live, and we strive to keep our residents informed on the most up-to-date local news, information, and happenings. Visit our News page to learn more.
Homestead Borough offers both a rich history and abundant diversity.
- Much of our downtown is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and as we grow, we honor our hard-won history while embracing the future.
- Homestead is a place where businesses thrive, and where young professionals, families, and seniors – people of all backgrounds- call each other neighbor.
- We offer the serenity of suburban life with all of the amenities of city living.
In our small, 0.6 square mile town, recreation and culture abound. Children and adults find the Borough’s Frick Park and four playgrounds places to relax and have fun. The Great Allegheny Passage Bike Trail passes through Homestead on the banks of the Monongahela River for our resident hikers and bikers. Shops, grocery stores, restaurants, art centers, and more are within walking distance of downtown. And there are opportunities all year round to take part in community events and activities. The Borough is home to both The Avenues Business District and The Waterfront Shopping Center.
Homestead is a short distance from many Pittsburgh communities, including Squirrel Hill, Oakland, Shadyside, South Side, and Downtown Pittsburgh, with quick and easy access via Route 837, the Parkway (376), and Port Authority bus lines.
Downtown Property Resources Links
- Animal Services Wildlife Pest Control
- Court Pest Control
- Critter Control of Greater Pittsburgh
- Façade Ideas Gallery
- Pittsburgh Wildlife Management
- Pittsburgh Wildlife Removal
- Professional Pest Control Services
- Signage Ideas Gallery
- Steel City Wildlife Control
- Three Rivers Wildlife Control
- Xceptional Wildlife Removal